This node is no longer active.
Maxine Stitzer, PhD [email]Johns Hopkins University
School of Medicine
5510 Nathan Shock Dr.
Baltimore, MD 21224-6823
Robert P. Schwartz, MD [email]
Friends Research Institute, Inc.
1040 Park Ave., Suite 103
Baltimore, MD 21201
The Mid-Atlantic Node joined the Clinical Trials Network in September 1999 and included Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC.
The CTP network provided about 5,000 treatment slots serving a diverse group of people suffering from substance use disorder, which is often complicated by other psychiatric and medical illnesses.
- CTN-0005: MI (Motivational Interviewing) to Improve Treatment Engagement and Outcome in Subjects Seeking Treatment for Substance Abuse
- CTN-0008: Assessment of the National Drug Abuse Clinical Trials Network: A Baseline for Investigating Diffusion of Innovation
- CTN-0010: Buprenorphine/Naloxone-Facilitated Rehabilitation for Opioid Dependent Adolescents/Young Adults
- CTN-0012: Characteristics of Screening, Evaluation, and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C Viral Infections, and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- CTN-0049: Project HOPE: Hospital Visit as Opportunity for Prevention and Engagement for HIV-Infected Drug Users
- CTN-0051-A-1: Extended-Release Naltrexone vs. Buprenorphine for Opioid Treatment (X:BOT) Genetics Study
- CTN-0059: Tobacco, Alcohol, Prescription Medications, and Substance Use/Misuse Brief Screen/Assessment Tool (TAPS Tool)
- CTN-0069-A-1: Retrospective Evaluation of Rapid Buprenorphine Induction in the Emergency Department for Opioid Use Disorder